Saint Louis Story Stitchers Artists Collective gathers youth ages 16-24 years old to talk about current issues and turn that into art aimed at creating social change. The Artists Collective’s current focus is bullying, bias, and gun violence. Story Stitchers promote peace and understanding through a unique brand of urban storytelling, art, and hip-hop.
Story Stitchers work on the root causes of youth gun violence including the trauma of poverty and the lack of adult guidance and mentorship by providing ongoing vocational training, safe spaces to gather, relevant cultural experiences, meaningful methods of self-expression, and character education through weekly meetings, in-school assembly programs, community building, and performances.
The work of the Collective is authentic and powerful. It documents black history through written word and art including poetry, photography and video recordings while training the next generation to become active, engaged citizens. Programs become a force multiplier, rippling into families, schools and neighborhoods and offering solutions to pervasive urban problems.
October 3, 2021
Part-Time Position: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will further Story Stitchers’ mission by managing finances, maintaining time sheets and payroll data, assisting with contracts, maintaining Story Stitchers’ program database, and assisting in development tasks grant data maintenance and reporting.
Specifically, the Administrative Assistant will:
• Manage Story Stitchers’ financial record keeping in QuickBooks, which includes inputting expenditures, creating invoices and receiving payments, managing and organizing receipts and records, creating reports from QuickBooks, and tracking budget and expenditures.
• Record and track qualitative and quantitative data from Story Stitchers’ programs in an Excel database.
• Maintain time sheets and schedules for payroll. Prepare monthly payroll.
• Assist with preparation for end of year financial and program reports.
• Assist the Executive Director with development tasks including grant reporting, and researching new funding opportunities, budget tracking and data maintenance
• Assist with Covid protocols and policies.
Story Stitchers seeks a detail-oriented problem solver with excellent organizational and communication skills.
Below are an ideal candidate’s qualifications.
• 1+ years of bookkeeping experience
• 2+ years of administrative or clerical experience
• Proficiency in Quickbooks or similar accounting system
• Proficiency in Excel including data bases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive personality interested in working in a fun, creative, and non-traditional creative environment
• Passion for people and for art
• An average of 16 hours per week. Ideally a candidate would be available:
• Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00-5:00 at 616 N Skinker Blvd.
• Some additional work may be completed at home.
Covid Policies: Inside all Story Stitchers facilities: Show your photo ID with date of birth and vaccination card
or a negative test within 72 hours. Wear masks at all timed.
Pay: First three months $16 per hour. $18/hour after 3-month review.
Support in training.
Start Date: Immediately
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to Susan Colangelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth 16-24 years old living in the St. Louis region can earn $100!!
Saint Louis Story Stitchers is a proud partner organization of STL Youth Jobs.
Saint Louis Story Stitchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or national guard status, or any other factor prohibited by law in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and/or activities.
Saint Louis Story Stitchers is committed to ADA compliance. The Collective welcomes people with disabilities and subscribes to the goal of providing access to programs, services and facilities. The Collective’s goal is to integrate this philosophy into all activities: policies, guidelines, plans, budgets, funding proposals, meetings and outreach.
Saint Louis Story Stitchers Covid-19 health guidelines and procedures. Lean more…