Missouri ArtSafe Pledge
To ensure that we may Create Safely, Present Safely, and Attend Safely we pledge to:
Training in COVID-19 safe practices.
2021 Covid-19 Safety Policies and Procedures
Saint Louis Story Stitchers is a resident organization of Kranzberg Arts Foundation. Story Stitchers Board of Directors has announced new policies in line with that of Kranzberg Arts Foundation, in September or prior to re-opening facilities.
The policies do not apply to our virtual or outdoor spaces.
The health, safety, and well-being—and that of our artists, staff, volunteers, audience, and community—is our top priority at Saint Louis Story Stitchers.
General Covid-19 Policies and Procedures:
Enhanced Sanitation and Hygiene
For Story Stitchers:
- Maintain rigorous post-activity cleanings with increased disinfecting procedures on all high touch surfaces
- Reminders to use best practices in personal hygiene and hand washing
- Convenient access to sanitizer and hand washing stations
- Convenient access to tissues and disinfectant wipes
Covid-19 Dress Code
- All staff, vendors, contractors, volunteers, and guests will be required to wear protective Covid-19 face coverings while interacting with StoryStitchers, in compliance with local government regulations
Health checks – Required in line with City Health Department requirements.
- Text Screening to (314) 270-1858
- Reduce capacity of spaces including studio, event space, back stage, visited spaces, offices, outdoor spaces, and rehearsal spaces for social distancing
- Maintain a minimum of 6’
- Install visible signs in easy to read locations
- Responsible, trained staff prompt visitors to adhere to social distancing policies with respectful communication
- Planned crowd control will be prepared for each venue and may include early admission to avoid lines, one way in and one way out traffic, keeping lobbies clear, no intermissions, controlled dismissal.
- Re-tooled floor plans to maintain social distancing
- Have a qualified monitor to help manage capacity and social distancing at all times
Onsite and Remote Staffing and Programs
- Business conducted virtually when possible
- On site indoor facilities: Effective September 1st, 2021, all people who are 12 years or older who wish to enter Story Stitchers venues will need to bring a photo ID and either their physical vaccination card or a photo of their vaccination card. Unvaccinated people, including unvaccinated and children over the age of 12, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 an antigen test taken within 24 hours of the activity start time.
- Coordinated work schedules
- Policies reviewed regularly and agreed upon by board of directors
- Masks and PPE required
- Digital and virtual communication options utilized when possible
- Routine cleaning procedures including staff and contractors disinfecting bathroom after personal use, and staff disinfecting highly touched surfaces, and removing trash wearing gloves
- Clearly communicate expectations and guidelines
- Clearly set employee and contractor policies
- Communicate instructions clearly and visibly for staff and visitors
- Share the information at storystitchers.org and on social media
- Train staff to effectively and respectfully communicate current government health guidelines with the public
- “Personal responsibility is paramount and we’re all in this together.”
Visit stlouis-mo.gov to learn more.
City of St. Louis Department of Health Covid 109 Hotline:
For more on Story Stitchers Covid 19 Policies and Procedures please visit: https://storystitchers.org/covid-19-safety-policies-and-procedures/
For a list of testing locations, please visit this website at www.kranzbergartsfoundation.org
Thank you for your cooperation.
We look forward to serving you.
Board of Directors
Saint Louis Story Stitchers Artists Collective
Policy change approved by the Board of Directors on September 1, 2021
The key ways to be safe and protect yourself and your family from Covid 19:
- continue wearing a mask
- social distancing
- practice good hand hygiene such as hand washing and using hand sanitizer
- get vaccinated
- stay home if you are ill
Saint Louis Story Stitchers is committed to complying with all local, state and federal guidelines related to the Covid-19 pandemic and public safety. To this end, Story Stitchers have created new health guidelines and procedures for our staff, volunteers, contractors and guests.
We are committed to practices inline with Missouri ArtSafe guidelines and recommendations to enable us to create, attend and present safely.
What to expect from us
Masks & Cleaning
Facial coverings – Masking is recommended for everyone, including those who are and are not vaccinated. Staff and front-line volunteers should be masked to provide support for those that need to be masked.
- Staff and front-line volunteers should be checked when audiences or guests are present.
- We will not come to Story Stitchers activities or facilities if we are sick.
- Facilities will be thoroughly sanitized between activities.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Practice personal hygiene. Wash our hands frequently and properly.
- Vaccinating is encouraged.
Tickets and Reservations
- Purchasing tickets or making reservations for free shows online is recommended. Ticket links for all showtimes are available at storystitchers.org.
Limited Capacity and Seating Separations
- We will have marked off seating to maintain social distancing at all indoor events.
Health symptom checks are recommended, but temperature checks are not required.
- All staff, volunteers, contractors will be required to watch the Missouri ArtSafe video prior to events.
What we expect from you
Wear a Mask
- In line with Story Stitchers’ policies and local government policies, Story Stitchers will require masks to be worn while not actively eating or drinking.
Masking is recommended for those who are and who are not vaccinated, both indoors and outdoors.
- Currently, we are able to provide masks for participants and patrons who do not have their own.
- Practice proper social distancing by staying 3 feet away from others.
- Do not come to Story Stitchers activities or facilities if you are sick.
- Practice personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and properly.
- Please buy tickets and make reservations online to allow for less staff contact.
- Please practice respect.
- Enjoy yourself!
Event Policies and Procedures:
- No one should come to Story Stitchers activities if you feel ill or if someone at your home or workplace is ill.
- Trained staff arrive for set-up first and depart after clean-up last.
- Trained staff should enter indoor space and complete the Covid-19 check in procedure.
- Effective September 1st, 2021, all people who are 12 years or older who wish to enter Story Stitchers venues will need to bring a photo ID and either their physical vaccination card or a photo of their vaccination card. Unvaccinated people, including unvaccinated and children over the age of 12, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of the activity start time.
- Use hand sanitizer
- Put on a mask. Keep the mask on at all times. Masks must cover the mouth and nose—masks with two layers of fabric of cloth are ideal.
- Place your personal belongings in one secure place.
- No food permitted indoors.
- Water permitted in individual bottles but mask must be worn when you are not drinking.
- Social distance adhered to for all staff, vendors, volunteers, participants and guests of 3′ feet apart at all times.
- If the bathroom is used, everyone is asked to sanitize the area after themselves. Everyone is asked to wash hands at least 20 seconds thoroughly with soap and water and put on clean gloves.
- Maintain wearing mask, gloves and social distancing of 3′ feet at all times.
- Staff will sanitize areas where that have been occupied prior to departure.
Thank you for your help and for the important role you play in keeping everyone healthy and safe!
Get in touch.