Sign up for Stitchers Fan Club updates and new via your inbox.
Stitchers Storefront Studio in the Loop District, 616 N Skinker
Drop in and purchase a T-Shirt to support Story Stitchers!
SAINT LOUIS STORY STITCHERS
YOUTH AT THE CENTER
Leadership & Arts Advocacy Training
FOR DETAILS AND TO APPLY VISIT STORYSTITCHERS.ORG
FRIENDS, FUN & COMMUNITY!
- Super COOL chance for 16-24 year old!
- spots OPEN
- Meals and Tours!
- Meet Artists and Activists!
- Learn to LEAD!
- Free T-Shirt!
- Free PLUS U could earn $100!
- Program begins June 4, 2019
- Apply at storystitchers.org
At the completion of activities successful participants will receive a stipend of $100. Attendance as outlined below is required for successful completion. Participants must register with Saint Louis Story Stitchers Youth Council.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- PLANNING SESSION – Choose at least ONE
- June 4: 5:00 -8:00 PM DUTCHTOWN on the South Side
- June 14: 5:00-7:00 PM WEST SIDE in the Loop
- CITY HALL TRIP – MANDATORY
- June 28: 9:00-3:00 PM Pick up in the Loop and in Dutchtown
- ARTS ADVOCACY TRAINING – MANDATORY
- July 9: 9:30 AM-3:00 PM in Grand Center
- OUTREACH – Choose at least ONE
- July 13: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM Tillie’s Corner Block Party in JeffVanderLou
- July 16: 4:00-9:00 South Side Teen Open Mic in Dutchtown
- MAIN EVENT – Choose at least ONE
- July 25: 3:00-9:00 PM South Side Celebration on Jefferson
- August 8: 10:00 AM -4:00 PM West Side Street Feast on MLK Drive
This program is produced by Saint Louis Story Stitchers with support from LUSH Corporation’s The Charity Pot, Kranzberg Arts Foundation, Kranzberg Arts Center, Incarnate Word Foundation, and Missouri Foundation for Health.
June 15, 2019
Performances and vendors on the lot at Hamilton and Delmar Blvd.
Story Stitchers Pick the City UP performance 2:00-3:00 PM
June 22, 2019
The Saint Louis Story Stitchers will be performing a show called Good 4 Your Health, promoting healthy eating and no bullying at the Midtown Farmers Market.
Midtown Farmers Market
9:15-9:45 AM in the Market Courtyard
Stitchers youth games/performances
10:00-1:00 in the Front Plaza
Story Stitchers Pick the City UP performance 1:00-3:00
Peace in the Prairie
The Dark Room at the Grandel
3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis, MO 63103
June 7-July 26, 2019
First Friday, June 7, 2019, 5:00-9:00 PM
Pick the City UP Tour presents Saint Louis Story Stitchers unique brand of urban storytelling, featuring live hip hop, spoken word and story magic on public health issues St. Louis cares about including gun violence. Pay tribute, join the fun, and make a difference.
Pick the City UP 2019 is presented with support from Missouri Foundation for Health, LUSH Corporation’s The Charity Pot, Kranzberg Arts Foundation, and Incarnate Word Foundation.
Pick the City UP Tour is about St. Louis’s urban youth and gun violence prevention.
NOT ANOTHER ONE!
Now in its 3rd year, the Tour stops at community centers, neighborhoods, parks, and cultural venues across St. Louis, using the arts as a catalyst for neighborhood community building. Pick the City UP Tour is about learning ways to better love ourselves and one another. Live performances act as a catalyst for neighborhood health care resource fairs.
For the latest details visit http://www.storystitchers.org or call 314-899-9001.
VOLUNTEER today! The Bowl A Thon Committee needs YOU!
Buy a T-Shirt for $20 and Support a Stitchers Youth Bowling Team!
Limited number available at Stitchers Storefront Studio June 19th and at the Bowl A Thon!
The 2019 Bowl A Thon is a fundraiser to benefit Saint Louis Story Stitchers Youth Gun Violence Prevention Program.
Volunteers are needed for the Story Stitchers 2019 Bowl A Thon Committee! It’s an easy and highly effective way to promote peace. Email email@example.com to get involved! Committee members are assigned to a Stitchers Youth Council Bowling Team and may come and cheer on them on! Everyone is a winner!
Date: Wednesday June 19, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM-7:00 PM Drop-In
Location: Stitchers Storefront Studio
616 N Skinker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63130
Bring: The names and addresses of 20 friends or family who will sponsor YOU in the Bowl A Thon!
2019 Bowl A Thon!
Date: Sunday, July 28, 2019
Time: 4:00-7:00 PM
Location: Pin-Up Bowl
6191 Delmar Blvd,
Saint Louis, MO 63112
Here’s what your gift can accomplish:
- $25 will sponsor the cost of start-up for 1 participant in Stitchers Youth Council Program
- $50 can sponsor a youth in one performance or cultural outing
- $100 can fund a teaching artist at a creative workshop
- $250 can fund a video of Story Stitchers at work in the community
- $500 can fund an after school assembly program
- $1,000 can fund a Story Stitchers performance on gun violence prevention for a community center or neighborhood block party.
Thank you to our sponsors!
$100 Logo on website
$250 Logo on website, thank you on blog
$500 Logo on website, thank you on blog, and on banner for East Loop Juneteenth event, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM on June 15, 2019. Deadline May 31st, 2019
$1,000 Logo on website, thank you mentions on blog, shout-outs by Stitchers MC and logo on banner for East Loop Juneteenth event, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM on June 15, 2019. Deadline May 31st, 2019
Bookings are available for the 2019/20 School Year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Interested in learning how you can support the Story Stitchers? Click on the SUPPORT tab and learn more.
Are you a teenager who wants to learn more about the Youth Council and how you can apply to work with us?
Saint Louis Story Stitchers admits youth of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school administered programs.