To ensure that we may Create Safely, Present Safely, and Attend Safely we pledge to:
Training in COVID-19 safe practices.
2020 Covid-19 Safety Policies and Procedures
Saint Louis Story Stitchers is committed to complying with all local, state and federal guidelines related to the Covid-19 pandemic and public safety. To this end, Story Stitchers have created new health guidelines and procedures for our staff, volunteers, contractors and guests.
We are committed to practices inline with Missouri ArtSafe guidelines and recommendations to enable us to create, attend and present safely.
What to expect from us
Masks & Cleaning
- All staff will have had a daily health check and be trained and wearing masks and appropriate PPE.
- We will not come to Story Stitchers activities or facilities if we are sick.
- Facilities will be thoroughly sanitized between activities.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Practice personal hygiene. Wash our hands frequently and properly.
Tickets and Reservations
- Purchasing tickets or making reservations for free shows online is recommended. Tickets for all showtimes are available at storystitchers.org.
Limited Capacity and Seating Separations
- We will have marked off seating to maintain social distancing at all events.
- Before each show, a staff member will be present to help with health checks, providing contact tracing information, and seating in order to maintain healthy distances.
- All staff, volunteers, contractors will be required to watch the Missouri ArtSafe video prior to events.
Kranzberg Arts Foundation
- Story Stitchers is a resident organization at Kranzberg Arts Foundation and as such will follow the Foundation’s Covid-19 policies and procedures when we are in their spaces. Click here to learn more.
- KAF Covid-19 Health Screening Questionnaire
What we expect from you
Wear a Mask
- In line with Story Stitchers’ policies and local government policies, Story Stitchers will require masks to be worn while not actively eating or drinking.
- Currently, we are able to provide masks for participants and patrons who do not have their own.
- Practice proper social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others.
- Do not come to Story Stitchers activities or facilities if you are sick.
- Practice personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and properly.
- Please buy tickets and make reservations online to allow for less staff contact.
- Please practice respect.
- Enjoy yourself!
General Covid-19 Policies and Procedures:
Enhanced Sanitation and Hygiene
For Story Stitchers:
- Maintain rigorous post-activity cleanings with increased disinfecting procedures on all high touch surfaces
- Reminders to use best practices in personal hygiene and hand washing
- Convenient access to sanitizer and hand washing stations
- Convenient access to tissues and disinfectant wipes
Covid-19 Dress Code
- All staff, vendors, contractors, volunteers, and guests will be required to wear protective Covid-19 face coverings while interacting with StoryStitchers, in compliance with local government regulations
- Story Stitchers will provide PPE including proper face masks and gloves, when possible
- Receive or conduct a self-health screening before entering the venue or workplace.
- Check your temperature every 4 hours, including prior to entry. Anyone with a temperature of 110.4or greater should return home immediately.
- Fill out a daily health questionnaire prior to entry.
- Provide full contact information prior to or upon arrival.
- Sign in at entrances.
Contact-less Public Experience
- Open interior doors and keep them open, if possible.
- Use plexiglass barriers at point of sale.
- Reduce capacity of spaces including studio, event space, back stage, visited spaces, offices, outdoor spaces, and rehearsal spaces for social distancing
- Maintain a minimum of 6’
- Install visible signs in easy to read locations
- Responsible, trained staff prompt visitors to adhere to social distancing policies with respectful communication
- Planned crowd control will be prepared for each venue and may include early admission to avoid lines, one way in and one way out traffic, keeping lobbies clear, no intermissions, controlled dismissal.
- Re-tooled floor plans to maintain social distancing
- Have a qualified monitor to help manage capacity and social distancing at all times
Onsite and Remote Staffing and Programs
- Minimal onsite staffing
- Business conducted virtually when possible
- Limit use of facilities
- Phased re-entry onsite to Storefront Studio in groups of two or less
- Phased re-entry onsite to outdoor spaces in groups of 10 or less
- Coordinated work schedules
- Policies reviewed regularly and agreed upon by staff as a team
- Masks and PPE required
- Digital and virtual communication options utilized when possible
- Routine cleaning procedures including staff and contractors disinfecting bathroom after personal use, and staff disinfecting highly touched surfaces, and removing trash wearing gloves
- Clearly communicate expectations and guidelines
- Clearly set employee and contractor policies
- Communicate instructions clearly and visibly for staff and visitors
- Share the information at storystitchers.org and on social media
- Train staff to effectively and respectfully communicate current government health guidelines with the public
- “Personal responsibility is paramount and we’re all in this together.”
Event Policies and Procedures:
- Pre-planned schedule with a clear timeline and instructions for all participants.
- All participants will watch the Missouri SafeArts Certification video prior to the activity.
- No one should come to Story Stitchers activities if you feel ill or if someone at your home or workplace is ill.
- Trained staff arrive for set-up first and depart after clean-up last.
- Trained staff should enter indoor or outdoor space and complete the Covid-19 check in procedure.
- Use hand sanitizer
- Put on a mask and gloves. Keep the mask on at all times. Masks must cover the mouth and nose—masks with two layers of fabric of cloth are ideal.
- Take your temperature and record it with the date, time, your name and phone number. If your temperature is over 100°F (37.8°C) go home immediately as you may have a fever.
- Fill out the health screening and contact tracing form. Note time and date of entry.
- Place your personal belongings in one secure place.
- No food permitted.
- Water permitted in individual bottles but mask must be worn when you are not drinking.
- Social distance adhered to for all staff, vendors, volunteers, participants and guests of 6-10 feet apart at all times.
- If the bathroom is used, everyone is asked to sanitize the area after themselves. Everyone is asked to wash hands at least 20 seconds thoroughly with soap and water and put on clean gloves.
- Maintain wearing mask, gloves and social distancing of 6-10 feet at all times.
- Staff will sanitize areas where that have been occupied prior to departure.
- Staff will note time of departure in writing at the exit point.
Thank you for your help and for the important role you play in keeping everyone healthy and safe!
Get in touch.